Corruption and Bribery and are one of the evils that causes organizations huge losses- both intangible and tangible. The tangible losses include the loss in finances of the organization, whereas intangible losses amount to the reputation of the organization. This loss of reputation causes the loss of confidence among all the associated parties.
Thus, it is important for the organizations to implement a system in place that can check the events of corruption, bribery and protect the reputation of your organization.
The organizations have been subjected to administrative and criminal responsibilities since the advent of new criminal-system and the law of administrative responsibilities. This made the organizations liable to administrative and criminal penalties for the act of corruption. The organizations might end up paying huge-fines or getting dissolved if it is found guilty of corruption. Thus, maintaining an anti bribery management system shields the organization during any such event.
WHAT IS ISO 37001 CERTIFICATION?
ISO 37001 Certification support the organizations in building and executing an anti bribery management system (ABMS). ISO 37001 Certification provide a list of measures that support in detecting, preventing or dealing with any event related to bribery practices. The ABMS also inculcates a culture of ethical practices inside the organization.
ISO 37001 Certification is suitable to any type organization. The ABMS in an organization assures the owners, suppliers, employees, and partners about the relevant controls in order to maintain anti bribery practices. Although ISO 37001standard is not a total cure against bribery, but its implementation Support in effective identification of the event of corruption.
It assists your organization in detecting corruption/bribery in a timely manner and implementing appropriate practices to prevent bribery. It also requires the documentation of all the steps taken so that your organization becomes more accountable and transparent.
ADVANTAGE OF ISO 37001 CERTIFICATION IN ORGANIZATION
There are several advantages of ISO 37001 standard for an organization:
- It promotes continual improvement of your organization management system by promoting its evaluation periodically.
- ISO 37001 support in reducing the liability costs.
- It has information on who, what and how the resources allocated to this item were spent, and also give the results of the expenses generated.
- ISO 37001 enables the organization to implement and improve the controls to prevent bribery or corruption.
- Due to the documented evidence, ISO 37001 support the organization during the event of legal investigation to prove its compliance.
- ISO 37001 support in obtaining the internationally endorsed certification for Anti Bribery Management system.
- It incorporates the legislative requirements of the government into the system.
- It promotes the reporting behaviour of the citizens against corruption.
- It facilitates the participation of citizens.
- It puts in place; protection measures for whistle-blowers.
- It allocates and monitors the implementation of resources available to combat risks.
- It promotes integrity and transparency inside the organization. It defines the roles and responsibilities of managers and workers by making them aware of the risks associated with corruption.
- It modernizes the process for consenting to government services.
- It incorporates new technologies to facilitate the services.
- Improves the distribution of products or services.
It must be noted that ISO just publishes the standard requirements, the certification against those standards is performed by an external ISO Certification body. SIS Certifications is one such ISO Certification body. Our integrity is our pride and meeting the deadlines is our commitment. Once you have built and implemented your ABMS, you can contact us for the ISO 37001 certification. After filling up the ABMS forms and reviewing all the requirements, you should proceed further for the audit. The team of our expert auditors will comprehensively assess the compliance of your management systems, notify you about the gaps, if any, and award certification at the end of successful completion of the audit.
What is ISO 37001 Certification?
What is cost of ISO 37001 Certification?
How can i process 37001 Certification?
What are the requirements of ISO 37001 Certification?
What is cost of ISO 9001 Certification?