IATF 16949:2016 (replaces ISO/TS 16949:2009) may be a commonplace that establishes the wants for a quality Management System (QMS), specifically for the automotive sector. IATF 16949 Certification was originally created in 1999 to harmonize totally different assessment and certification schemes worldwide within the offer chain for the automotive sector.
The primary focus of the IATF 16949 Certification commonplace is that the development of a quality Management System that has for continual improvement, accentuation defect interference and also the reduction of variation and waste within the offer chain. the quality, combined with applicable Customer-Specific necessities (CSR’s), outline the QMS necessities for automotive production, service and/or accent components.
IATF 16949 Standard is associate freelance QMS commonplace that’s totally aligned with the structure and necessities of ISO 9001:2015. Therefore, the IATF 16949 Certification can not be enforced alone as a complete document, however should be enforced as a supplement and in conjunction with ISO 9001:2015.
After October, 2017, audits can not be conducted to ISO/TS 16949 and organizations should transition to the new IATF 16949 Standard in line with their current audit cycle, in line with the allowable temporal arrangement necessities. Failure to conduct the audit inside the allowable temporal arrangement necessities needs the organization to begin over with associate initial certification audit. The transition audit shall be the period of a recertification audit and time beyond regulation for a documentation review. All supporting functions on website or at a distant location shall be enclosed within the transition method.
A Quality Management System based on IATF 16949 Certification :
- May be a technique of process however a company will meet the wants of its customers and different stakeholders Promotes the thought of continual improvement
- Needs organizations to outline objectives and frequently improve their processes so as to succeed in
- Emphasizes defect hindrance
- Includes specific necessities and core tools from the automotive trade
(A) – Advanced Product Quality designing (APQP)
(B) – Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
(C) – applied math method management (SPC)
(D) – measure analysis (MSA)
(E) – Production half Approval method (PPAP)
- Promotes reduction of variation and waste within the provide chain
- Needs documented and enforced company responsibility polices.
What is IATF 16949 Certification
The IATF 16949 standard provides guideline and tools for firms and organizations who need to make sure that their merchandise systematically meet client needs which quality and customer satisfaction are consistently improved. needs for certification to IATF 16949 Certification are outlined within the 2016 Revision five of the principles for achieving and maintaining IATF recognition.
The IATF 16949 standard may be a supplemental standard and is employed in conjunction with the ISO standards:
- IATF 16949 – Establishes the Automotive supplemental needs of a quality management system.
- ISO 9001 – Defines the bottom needs of a high quality management system
- ISO 9000 – Covers the fundamental ideas and language
- ISO 9004 – Focuses on the way to create a high quality management system a lot of economical and effective
- ISO 19011 – provides storage internal (1st party) and external (2nd party) audits of quality management systems
- ISO 31000 – outlines risk management principles and guidelines
IATF 16949 Certification defines the factors for Associate in Nursing automotive-based QMS with the goal to become third party registered. It may be utilized by any provider, massive or little, and will be applied throughout the automotive offer chain. In fact, there over 65000 suppliers worldwide that are presently certified to ISO/TS 16949.
All needs of IATF 16949 Certification are applicable unless suppliers don’t offer product style connected functions. needs are generic and are meant to be applicable to any provider providing style and development, production and, once relevant, assembly, installation and services of automotive connected merchandise, together with merchandise with embedded package.
The IATF 16949 normal is applicable to sites of the organization wherever producing of customer-specified production components, service components, and/or accent components occur.
The standard is predicated on seven Quality Management Principles, together with a powerful client focus, the motivation and implication of prime management, the method approach and continual improvement.
These Quality Management Principles are defined as follows:
- Client focus
- Engagement with people
- method approach
- Evidence-based higher cognitive process
- Relationship management
Why Implement IATF 16949 Certification
Implementing IATF 16949 Certification ensures that client receive consistent, sensible quality product and services, that successively might bring several business edges. IATF 16949 specifies needs for a quality Management System once a corporation desires to:
- Demonstrate its ability to systematically offer products that meet client and applicable statutory, regulative and products safety needs
- Enhance client satisfaction through the effective application of the system
- Implement processes for improvement of the system
- Outline overall context, World Health Organization is affected and what they expect
- Clearly state objectives and establish new business opportunities
- Place customers 1st, ensuring their wants are systematically met and enhance their satisfaction
- Have repeat customers, increase client loyalty, add new customer and increase business
- Expand into new markets, as few sectors and purchasers need IATF 16949 Certification before doing business
- Establishand address the risks related to your company
- add a additional economical thanks to increase productivity and potency, transferral internal prices down
- Become additional socially accountable through the documentation and implementation of company responsibility guideline.
When To Implements IATF 16949 Certification
Compliance to the IATF 16949 Certification will be done at any time however is usually used when:
- Customers specify this demandas a part of the contract
- Organizations need to enhance their products and client satisfaction
How to Implement IATF 16949 Certification
Organizations’ deciding to develop and implement any new or improved quality management system could be a strategic judgment. All efforts ought to be targeted on the identification & minimization of risk whereas meeting and prodigious client and structure goal and objective necessities.
Organizations should make a commitment to:
- Acknowledge Direct and indirect customers as people who receive price from the company
- perceive customers current and future desires and expectations
- Link the organization’s objectives to client desires and expectations
- Communicate client desires and expectations throughout the organization
- Plan, design, develop, produce, deliver and support product to satisfy client desires and expectations
- live and monitor client satisfaction and take applicable actions
- verify and take actions on interested parties desires and expectations that may have an effect on client satisfaction
- Actively manage relationships with customers to attain sustained success
- Become a lot of socially accountable
Offer necessary resources to confirm product safety necessities are met
IATF 16949 Compliance may be achieved through Quality-One’s Seven part Approach:
- Executive and Management Overview / Planning
- Gap Assessment and Planning
- Implementation & Training
- Internal Assessment & Management Review
- Third Party Registration Assessment
- Sustain and Continual Improvement
Read Related Blog –