ISO 22000 Certification: An Overview
ISO 22000 Certification is an International food safety standard which is created by the International organization for standardization (ISO). It goes about as the structure for a Food Safety Management System (FSMS) joining Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) standards and ISO 9001 Certification components. ISO 22000 certification settled the general food safety prerequisites that are presently connected worldwide by all the association from farm to fork.
For whom ISO 22000 Certification is beneficial?
It can be useful for any type of organization in the food related business like from a field to store including producer, transporters, food packagers, processors, retailers and restaurants.
ISO 22000 Certification integrates with an existing HACCP program
You may meet the ISO 22000 Certification (FSMS) requirements for food safety explicitly, Clause 7, when you have a working GMP and HACCP program set up. The statement for ISO need Quality Management System components (Consistent with ISO 9001 Certification) and include:
- A communication plan
- A process for management review
- A procedure for continual improvement
- A procedure for document and record control
ISO 22000 Certification Quality Management System elements:
- To executing compelling courses of action for imparting over the food pecking order, it is progressively significant that there ought to be a two-path stream of data between all who impact or are influenced by your FSMS. It contains providers, contractual workers, clients, buyers, statutory and administrative experts and friends stuff.
- Besides, it likewise includes the top administration in regular, reported surveys of the FSMS to guarantee its proceeded with adequacy and improvement.
Key Elements of ISO 22000 Certification
- Involvement of the management team : It is a top administration issue. ISO 22000 Certification arrangements with the inclusion of the supervisory group, which needs to create develop overall policy.
- Communication: The food safety risk might be presented at any phase of the food chain. Thi is interactive communication both upstream and downstream is fundamental. Also, internal communication is a key component of maintaining a strategic distance from misunderstandings and limiting dangers. A typical vocabulary can be indispensable and extraordinary assistance in this connection.
- The HACCP Principles: ISO 22000 standard merges the acknowledgment of HACCP standards with an essential program. The hazard analysis in general decides a solid procedure and the essential projects set up an activity plan.
- Management system: It generally depends on an organized administration framework which depends on significant pieces of ISO 9001 Certification. What’s more, indeed, it is conceivable to coordinate them into one administration framework together with ISO 14001 Certification.
Requirements for ISO 22000 Certification
- Efficient and powerful pre-essential projects set up to guarantee a clean sterile condition is applicable.
- A risk analysis and the basic control plan created to recognize, next to each other anticipate and eliminate food safety risk.
- managing food safety all through your association, set up reported food safety management system procedures is required from the board and business arranging angles to everyday correspondence and activities influencing food safety.
Pre-requisites of ISO 22000 Certification
- Food safety management system documentation
Above all else, your will be documented as arrangements, goals, strategies, and records. Mainly four stage of documentation are incorporated into the documented management system.
- Documenting your processes
Besides, there is a need to report the techniques got out by the principles and required to guarantee the control of different procedures in your FSMS. It implies that your FSMS will have more reported methodology than simply those uniquely named in the guidelines yet these strategies will be helpful documents. It guarantees you that the procedure is being done as the executives arranged and endorsed. Despite what might be expected, they will likewise guarantee that the administration realizes how to process are being performed.
Specific Procedures required by the standard are:
- Documents control
- Records control
- Unsafe products control
- Corrective actions
- Withdrawals and Internal audits
One thing that ought to be remembered that the various individuals play out the procedure a similar way. In the event that you skirt the strategy to compose and place it in a book on the rack to gather dust then you will construct a framework where archived strategies. Besides, the work guidelines will turn into a significant and indispensable piece of your framework.
Simplifying your documentation project:
In a specific situation, you choose to set up ISO 22000 Certification in your organization then you realize that you should compose methods and structures that report your food safety system. It is that simple that you can manage without contracting a costly expert. A while later, you will be free.
Benefits of ISO 22000 Certification
- Universally recognized standard, harmonized standard for controlling food safety related risks
- Adaptability, allowing it to be connected to all associations in the food supply chain, along these lines empowering participation in tending to food safety hazards
- Conceivable coordination of the food safety and quality management schemes inside an association (for example ISO 9001 Certification)
- Gives a structure to the management commitment, correspondence with providers and clients, and ceaseless improvement of the food safety system.
- Exhibits an association’s commitment to food safety.
- Increase trust level between client and organization.
Process for ISO 22000 Certification
- Make an application and send to ISO certification body.
- Define the ISO certification scope
- Get quotation by ISO Certification body.
- Initial assessment to verify the basic structure of the management-system
- Certification audit plan.
- Surveillance audits plan.
- Get ISO Certification.
- After three years, re-certification
Cost of ISO 22000 Certification and how long does it take to be certified
In case you want to know cost and duration of ISO Certification then you should connect with SIS Certifications Pvt. Ltd. sales team.
Gurgaon, Haryana, 122018, India
Call : +91-9654721646
Read Related Blog –