On the off chance that you haven’t gotten an opportunity to survey the new arrival of the ISO 22000 Certification version of the Food Safety Management System (FSMS) standard – Requirements for any association in the food chain, the update in new standard is that it pursues a similar abnormal state structure (Annex SL) that is for the most part being utilized by all the refreshed administration framework ISO guidelines like ISO 9001 Certification, ISO 14001, ISO 27001, and some more. The as a matter of first importance advantage is that now ISO 22000 Certification has turned out to be simpler to coordinate with other management system standards.
Well that is the essential change for all the updated measures. In this article, you will realize what the ISO 22000 Certification standard is about, just as likenesses and contrasts among it and the ISO 9001:2015 standard necessities.
What is ISO 22000:2018?
ISO 22000 Certification is a standard for Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) and gives the necessities to any association in the food chain. That incorporates associations that are either straightforwardly included or in a roundabout way required with the food chain operations, for instance, food makers, creature foodt makers, makers of food fixings, processors of food things, food makers or retailers, food specialist organizations, providing food administrations, food coordination’s, food stockpiling, hardware providers for the nourishment business, bundling providers for the sustenance business, and makers of creature sustenances and other sustenance contact materials.
The recent update to the 2018 rendition is the second edition of the ISO 22000 standard; once in the past, it was the ISO 22000 Certification adaptation, which had a long history of advancement. Started in 1960 from hazard and critical control points (HACCP) in the food chain system and, later on, , food safety system certification (FSSC), it was built up for satisfying the administration framework prerequisites for food safety. Along these lines, in 2005, the main release of the standard was presented, and the ongoing form is its second version.
This standard gives key course to an association to improve its general sanitation execution dependent on the procedure approach and indicated FSMS necessities in the standard. By executing a FSMS dependent on ISO 22000 Certification, an association can profit in the accompanying zones:
- its capacity to give safe food items and administrations while reliably meeting client and pertinent consistence commitments (likewise named “lawful and statutory prerequisites”)
- its capacity to show consistence with FSMS necessities
- identification of issues to identified with sanitation, tending to dangers related with its sanitation framework.
Biggest differences in ISO 22000:2018
While it contains the majority of indistinguishable necessities for Quality Management Systems from the other updated guidelines, there are some particular specialized prerequisites that make this standard specific for associations in the sustenance business. Condition 8 of the standard determines those necessities, which fundamentally guarantee the sanitation on a specialized dimension. These requirements are:
- Operational arranging and control – how the association designs its activities (preparing) and at the same time controls for food safety.
- Prerequisites programs (PRPs) – distinguishing proof of essential conditions and exercises that are important to keep up a sterile situation all through the natural way of life.
- Traceability system – a system to follow the food products exceptionally.
- Emergency readiness and control – recognizable proof of all the conceivable crisis circumstances and courses of action to manage them.
- Hazard control – this incorporates execution of risk investigation, definition and approval of control measures, readiness of HACCP (danger and basic control focuses) and additionally OPRP (operational requirements programs) plans.
- Updating data – to refresh the data with respect to PRPs and to keep the risk control plans refreshed.
- Control of checking and estimating – how the association is controlling its observing and estimating frameworks.
- Verification identified with PRPs and peril control plans – how the PRPs and danger control plans are checked and analyzed.
- Control of nonconforming item and procedures – how the association controls its nonconforming items and procedures, including the criteria for review or withdrawal
These requirements are self explanatory and give very comprehensive details regarding how you need to manage and ensure your food safety.
What are the differences and similarities between ISO 9001 Certification and ISO 22000:2018?
Since the both standards guidelines were reconsidered dependent on the new abnormal state structure (Annex SL), it has turned out to be simpler to discover the similarities and contrasts between the norms. The two norms have 10 statements with a similar fundamental titles. In this way, on the off chance that we see the provisions showing the prerequisites of setting of the association, authority, arranging, support, execution assessment, and upgrades – for the most part, they are all the equivalent.
The real distinction between the models is in condition 8. Experiencing the specialized necessities of proviso 8, we see that in ISO 22000 Certification, condition 8 give an essential system to guarantee sanitation in the whole natural way of life tasks, while in ISO 9001 Certification, statement 8 gives a nonexclusive structure to guarantee nature of procedures (and those are general and can be connected to any association of any degree).
Let’s have a quick look at the same requirements if you are going to implement both standards:
- Context of the association (inward and outer issues, invested individuals, scope)
- Control of reported information (archives and records control)
- Addressing dangers and openings, arranging and targets
- Improvement, remedial activities
- Management survey and inside reviews
- Competence, correspondence, preparing and mindfulness
All conditions other than proviso 8 are concerning quality and sanitation attitudes. What’s more, taking a gander at the distinctions – these are specialized prerequisites in proviso 8 to guarantee sanitation in natural way of life forms.
How can ISO 9001:2015 fast track your ISO 22000:2018 implementation?
There are a ton of reasons that can be expressed for how ISO 9001 can enable you to out in your ISO 22000 Certification usage. In any case, I might want to finish up with the just one, which is that sanitation similarly relies on the nature of the procedures, as well. In this way, on the off chance that you have a decent Quality Management System set up, at that point it’s naturally including worth. You simply need to deal with the sanitation prerequisites (proviso 8) in ISO 22000 Certification; the rest is taken care by ISO 9001 Certification.
Read Related Blog –